Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) knowledge are regarded as one of the most critical competencies for business leaders. Lack of skills, follow-up and failures in ESG/CSR schemes and projects affects a company’s reputation, financial performance, relationship with stakeholders, resilience, and long-term sustainability.
In this checklist, we focus on and develop the fundamental understanding and knowledge needed to prepare the Board of Directors and management checklist. The focus is on developing appropriate ground rules for decision-making, long-term business sustainability and understanding the critical components to monitor sustainable CSR/ESG performance.
- Establish corporate insight and management oversight of CSR/ESG-related risks and opportunities in the organisation.
- Prepare the annual agenda of vital CSR/ESG business topics for the boardroom and at the senior management and leadership table.
- Create short- and long-term sustainable value by understanding what material to your business is and leading with purpose.
- Identify the priorities on the CSR/ESG issues that genuinely matter to the organisation. Then, find out where and how you can begin this journey and help your company and peers to succeed with a roadmap and a framework.
- Is climate change, supply chain, diversity, equity, inclusion, governance, human rights, or stakeholder demands?
- Environmental Oversight and Foresight: How the Environment and Climate Change Will Impact Business
- Societal Oversight and Foresight: How Human Capital and Society Will Impact Business
- Identify the tsunami of regulations and disclosure standards, local, national, and global compliance to provide the mindset to enable a strategic approach to embed CSR/ESG considerations in your decision-making.
- What are the environmental and societal changes that will affect the CSR/ESG operation and organisation
- What are the stakeholders’ expectations of CSR/ESG business results?
- Training and awareness on how to anticipate and lead during major project disruptions and ensure resilience and business continuity during interruptions.
- ESG Risks, Opportunities, and Expectations in a fast-changing and unpredictable world
- What are the requirements to speed up global trends and developments, and how can these elements gain greater relevance to the organisation as we progress and advance?
- Good Corporate Governance and Becoming a Steward of The Future