The first module sets the global tone to include the opportunity to learn the Governance, Risk Management, Compliance and IT Security, Ethics, Corporate Culture, Accountability, Transparency and Integrity components, issues and mistakes.
- How to avoid Governance, Ethical, Integrity, Transparency and Accountability considerations in working and dealing with accounting and finance Issues
- A review of the current, new and emerging accounting and finance challenges
- How to effectively manage forensic and auditing issues.
- Accounting theories, current trends and ideas in the accounting industry, and techniques needed to manage regulatory compliance, business risk, and the future performance of an organisation.
- Understanding the components of Global Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Accounting and Financial Reporting related to Global Accounting Standards and Financial Reporting (IFRS)
The second module covers the understanding of the complete accounting cycle, accounting and financial reporting, regulation and compliance, and understanding the global Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- THE COMPLETE ACCOUNTING CYCLE
- How to read the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, and Notes to The Financial Statements
- Understanding the Profit & Loss Account
- Revenue Recognition
- Group Accounting
- Focus on the Balance Sheet
- Understanding the Balance Sheet – Assets & Liabilities
- Intangible Assets/Goodwill
- Understanding Equity
The third modules cover the essential knowledge of accounting and Risk and Compliance concepts encourages lawyers to secure depth in their practice. The extent provides you to understand better the full scenario of legal issues that involve the critical elements of accounting, finance and GRC.
- REGULATORY COMPLIANCE IN ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL DISCLOSURES
- How to interpret and prepare the Annual Report incl. the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, prepare the notes to The Financial Statements
- Tax Accounting vs Book Accounting
- The role of Accountants, Audit Committees & Auditors
- Accounting concepts and conventions
- Overview of the financial statements and how they link together
- Presentation of the financial statements in the Annual Report
The fourth module addresses how to use and understand the financial statements and other financial documentation in mergers, acquisitions, forensic investigations, as well as in calculating liability and damages.
- REGULATORY COMPLIANCE CHANGES AND CASES WITH IMPACT OR INVOLVED IN THE CHANGES
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Accounting and Finance
Review of current cases of financial fraud and misconduct in major corporations involving legal and ethical issues in accounting and financial reporting.
Explore the various accounting, legal and professional responsibilities and the differences between statute and regulation and between common and statutory law.
Assess the role of bankruptcy and its impact on business relationships with a practical approach to examining the best practices of doing business from an accounting, legal and ethical perspective.
Case Study on a Specific Global company
- Understanding the Cash Flow Statement
- Analyst Reports
- Investment ratios
- Company return ratios
The fifth module is the workshop component of the consolidated course. It covers the broad components in the legal and accounting professions that lead to practical scenarios, taking an in-depth look at the GRC elements of changing financial statements and the critical areas they reveal on the overall condition of the entity.
- ACCOUNTING FRAUD AND DAMAGES, CALCULATIONS
How To spot accounting Frauds
General Accounting/Legal Issues in Global Accounting Scandals
- Enron Scandal (2001)
- Parmalat S.p.A. (2004)
- Olympus (2011)
Each online eLearning seminar includes:
- Pre-reading material
- 150-250 slides presentation with notes on each slide
- Trainers speak on each of the 15-25 chapters
- 15-25 exercises, study or discussion
- Online certification exam
- A set of templates, policies, and procedures
- Certificate of attendance with CPE points