The need for a corporate GDPR, Data Privacy and Cybersecurity training and awareness program
We have developed a Champion/Protector/Promoter program to address the increased focus on Data Privacy, Data Protection, and Cyber-awareness. Training and awareness are among the most potent weapons and defence in a business’s arsenal regarding safety, resilience, and protection. The Promoter can develop privacy and the security-savvy team as experience recognises that a Promoter is a champion to teach the team in Data Protection, data privacy and cybersecurity
According to a global survey from the Vlerick Business School in Belgium, worldwide spending on cyber defence products and services will exceed $1trn until 2021. By comparison, the GDPR of Africa’s entire content (56 countries) is $2.6 trillion.
Investment in technology is not enough
Excluding the significant fines to Facebook, Google etc., the average ‘normal’ fine non-compliance is in access of 300.000 Euro for the six main areas of GDPR. Despite the considerable expenditure, there is a substantial and exponential increase in GDPR non-compliance and cyber-incidents over the previous year. This is a clear sign that all the investment in technology is not enough, and the need to invest in people, training and awareness is huge. It still stands as a shining example of why having a comprehensive, joined-up security strategy is so important – and what can go wrong when not all employees are making the right security choices.
The e-compliance Academy has created three training modules so that companies have specialist GDPR, Data Privacy, Data Protection, IT, Data and Security employees to provide on-the-job training, awareness session with examples and expertise so that all employees in all units are well rounded the basics of Privacy, IT and Cybersecurity.
E-Compliance academy has developed a Data Privacy, Data Protection, IT-Security program at three-level training and awareness campaign: The module-based online training and awareness program ensures that global cyber-attacks are not successful because the program gets it right at all levels – with basic security hygiene knowledge and skills for all employees with role-based training aimed at awareness function-related expertise and abilities.
- The Promoter component is designed to address the following;
- Scenarios that determine employees’ susceptibility to real-world attacks
- Communicate findings and results to the company board, not in ‘cyber’ but ‘business.’
- Communicate cyber-risk into business risk in a simplified manner
- Recruiting talent for cybersecurity roles to address the digital skills gap in the organisation
- The Protector then highlights GRC, GDPR, Data Privacy, Data Protection, IT-Security/Cybersecurity gaps and skills based on cases and scenarios. The protector compåonent addresses the critical issues regarding digital innovation and transformation journey that continues to change every business worldwide.
- The Champion component addresses cyber-risks into business risk. The customised, as well as the standard training provided by the E-Compliance academy, is structured so that employees at all levels have the knowledge they need because IT and cybersecurity is at the heart of the business and a key organisation development issue due to the following;
- It is ensuring that all employees receive the right training that can pay real dividends.
- Email phishing is consistently the top weapon of choice for cybercriminals.
- Consider an unusual approach by launching simulated phishing attacks on its employees.
The customised 10-30 hour online internal training program on one or more timely GRC, GDPR, Data Privacy, Data Protection, IT-Security/Cybersecurity topics;
- The complete program takes 10-30 hours covering risk and control standards on Data and IT at three levels.
- Each level concludes with an exam and diploma/certificate for the Information Security Institute participants to go to the next level.
- The meeting’s scope is to introduce the (customised program, curricula, attendants, bespoke evaluation, and support on the above issues.
In connection with the training, we have developed a comprehensive list of items and issues that the company can choose from to ensure that only the current focus issues are addressed.
We provide the participants with a complete understanding of the current threats and opportunities essential and needed to stay ahead of the competitors and your market. Contact us today: email@example.com